Thursday, May 20, 2010

The pain I was writing about in my last entry has mostly passed. Phewf.

Neupogen, though. Neupogen is what they give me to get me ready for the next round. It boosts my white blood cell count. It hurts because my bone marrow swells, being stimulated into action by artificial blood enhancers. This, ah, bone swelling, isn't comfortable. Nope. Not at all. Happily, I'm only taking it five days this time.

Have you ever noticed that if it burns going in, it burns going out? I didn't have to have taxotere spoon-fed, thank god! but it still came out the usual way. My anus bleeds. My mouth and throat have raw sores.

I'll be better prepared next time.

MADMEN season three. Disc two. That's where I'm spending the next few hours.

1 comment:

  1. Erin...take care of yoruself the best you can while going through all this...thanks for taking time to post this difficult path for your friends who want to know how you are doing out there away from us in recovery land. oxxo

    ReplyDelete