Half way through chemo and it's coming on time for the new drug. I'm on steroids now - to keep my body from swelling when the drug is introduced. When it is injected, I'll be wearing cold mitts and booties. They will slow circulation to the fingertips and toetips, thus preventing my finger and toe nails falling off. Bah-ha!
Dr. Levesque has changed from a grim reaper to a smiling pusher. I must say I like the smiling pusher way better. We laugh about what he's giving me, about the potential side-effects. "It works!" he says, throwing up his arms, knowing it's gonna hurt.
I read to distract myself. It seems to work. I've read the Millennium Trilogy, The Sookie Stackhouse novels, The Drama of the Gifted Child. I've started Museum of Innocence and You Can Heal Your Life. When I read You Can Heal Your Life, I think of a preacher, proclaiming! Makes me giggle.
Peggy is hosting me out at the farm. The lambs came a couple of weeks ago. My parents come to help look after me and Grandma. My friends come out to visit. Things are going well.
The Art Shift program is coming to a close and there will be a group exhibit. Here's the gist of it:
"May 15 - June 26, 2010
Kaethy Yanovsky, Jenny Brown, Erin Milliken, Anna Elmberg-Wright, Catherine Toews
Synergies, selected works by five emerging artists from Kingston
Reception: May 15, 7-9p"
Dad and I drove my submissions over today - we were each holding a side of the largest painting through our windows while it rested on the roof of the car. He drove slowly for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment