Hi Friends! Here we are! Nearing the end of this uncomfortable cycle. Truly, I can't wait for this to be over!
Last week, when the pain was gone, I went into the city and stayed in my apartment for 6 days and nights. It was wonderful to be there for a stretch, wandering around with friends, running into people I hadn't seen for a while, getting to know my new roommate, Jared, and being surrounded by my things. My computer was still out here at the farm, and my phone battery died, so I felt free, where I usually feel a compulsion to check in. Really, it was a lovely spell.
I had appointments with a personal fitness group, had a fitness assessment and signed up for their services. The plan is to exercise through the pain and depression of these last two rounds of side-effects. In an effort to fight the misery. Right now, I'm confident it will work. With all the deconditioning effects of chemo, combined with my general lack of fitness, I'll be coming out the other side without much strength. The June cover of Vanity Fair is giving some little bit of motivation.
Also, I endured the distinctly weird experience of the flexible sigmoidoscopy... anyone know what I'm talking about? Of course the doctor was a strapping young fellow, who took pleasure in my embarrassment. He sent me away with photographs that he told me to post on facebook. Dear Pimmy went with me. It was a twisted excursion into the Kingston General Hospital and the mind of a GI guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment