Finally, an appointment with the gynaecologist! It is such a relief to know I have a diversion between this convalescence and chemotherapy. Last week's consultation confirmed the course of treatment, following the precautionary harvesting; Chemotherapy, then Radiotherapy.
My parents are The Best! They're looking after me! They've let me come to their house in Ottawa for a spell. It takes a giant burden off my mind to have people around who care so completely for me. The bonuses of frequent hugs, Zelda time, friends, the salt-water swimming pool, and the massage therapist who always makes me feel that I am in good hands... getting better is a pleasure.
Over the last few days I've prepared an application for the Ontario Disability Support Program. Who knows whether I'll be considered an acceptable candidate for their financial aid? Lord knows I deserve it. It feels great to have that flaming hoop behind me, anyway. Which leads me to a couple of other things I am grateful for...
1. Living in a country where the financial burden of health care is covered by provincial insurance. Holy Shit, that is great.
2. Ontario Health Insurance Plan. I'm sorry, I just can't get over it. When I think about what this whole situation could cost me if I lived somewhere else, I want to leap out of my skin!
No comments:
Post a Comment