Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 14, PUPPIES!!!!!

Dr. Levesque told me my hair would fall out on Day 14. He wasn't lying, but I was surprised that it wasn't the hair on my head that came out that day. It wasn't All of my pubic hair that came out, but it was a lot. It's Day 22 or 23 now, or day 24, anyway, I put off washing my head until yesterday because I Knew that hair would come out. So, now, I'm going to show you a photo that's way more flattering than real life.


The buzz-cut my friend Ingrid gave me received numerous compliments. People usually had a surprised expression on their faces, and then a grin. They said things like "Wow, you can pull it off!" and "I like seeing this side of you!" I wish I felt equal to all those nice comments but, lately, I'm a grumpy and reclusive git who feels sorry for herself.

Luckily, today I found out that I'm not the only person with a hard-on for self-pity. It's always good to put things into perspective.

There were many people getting chemotherapy today, this being a holiday weekend. Three of us were crammed into an inner waiting room where we had ours fed to us intravenously. We were three patients and three visitors. One of us was a 60-70-something in a wheelchair, with uncooperative hands, a soft voice, and a twinkling smile. She lives alone, has never walked, and, clearly, has cancer. All of us together - a 50-60 year old in chemo for like, the third time, our little twinkler's two 60-70-something buddies, Mom, and two very pleasant nurses... We were Laughing!! All these ladies making jokes on each other, making each other squirm and blush!! I learned a few things:
  1. The bigger the belt-buckle, the smaller the dick. (Is that TRUE?)
  2. Some chemo-dispensers look like used prophylactics. (haha)
  3. Ask for what you need, and you'll get it.
  4. Don't say: I have Cancer, say: I have Puppies! (You try it!)
  5. Life's hard, but friends really help make it better.
Oh Jeez! Mom was blushing, or maybe just flushing from laughter - anyway, it was The Best Day Ever.

I'm sorry I've been gone so long, I'll get back to you.
I'm off to bed, Friends. Enjoy your dreams!
xoxox

5 comments:

  1. Oh Erin! You have puppies! You look lovely as always. I hope you are enjoying the spring weather. XOCT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin...hope you are doing okay...let's work on getting together when you are back in Ottawa.

    Still dealing with the smoke fire...clean up...had to get professional help...the minty thing didn't quite do it.

    Love, Su oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do still look just like the Erin I know...very sweet. Hang in there my love. S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Thinking of you daily.
    btw, check out what the beastie boys emailed out yesterday:
    http://view.email.topspin.net/?j=fe6215737d66067f7c16&m=ff011c70776507&ls=fe0912757064057c71147075&l=fe8d15797d660c7d73&s=fe321c727264067d731672&jb=ffcf14&ju=fe2515767061037c741c78&r=0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin more new posts please:)

    ReplyDelete