Thankfully, I get to keep my boobs! How great is that? Pretty great! I get to keep my boobs!
There will be another surgery - they'll dig directly into the armpit incision to get the remaining lymph nodes. That sounds gross. It is gross. After the surgery, there will be a drain. Ew. A drain in my armpit. To catch the fluid that will accumulate there. Ugh. A nurse will come to make sure it's draining properly. Ah. Gross. And when that is out and has had a chance to heal, then there will be Chemotherapy.
I guess the second surgery is meant to give more information for the oncologist's prescription for chemo. There will be more pathology reports for the next few nodes. I think it's going to be pretty gross, and kinda miserable having half my armpit taken out.
Like I said, I get to keep my boobs! I get to keep my boobs!
I'll get to know what it's like to be completely hairless - at least I hope I will. I keep hearing that some people don't loose their hair, and that's disappointing. I'm a Really Hairy Girl. I'd like to know what it's like to have no hair. I'm into trying wigs, fake eyebrows and fake eyelashes!
Also, now that I've been given the heads-up about fertility - I'm going to try to get some eggs harvested! Yeah! That's right. I'm going to get someone to get some of my baby-eggs out of me now, so chemotherapy won't make it impossible for me to conceive!! Science is amazing.
It's fine now. I'm fine now. Everything is fine now. Christmas is just a few days away! I'm in Ottawa with some of my family, we're drinking and eating and having a good time. There's really nothing wrong - except my sisters aren't here and I'm going in for surgery on the 5th of January.
It's really nice that I get to keep up with you this way, though. And, it's specially nice that you keep reading.
xoxox
Hi Erin- Maybe your hair will come back in curly! That's what happened to my friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you have to get chemo but you are young and strong and you will do great. Have a wonderful holiday love!